MA FEC – Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find the application form for the MA FEC?

Click here to access the interactive PDF on the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences website.

Is there an application (processing) fee?

No, there isn’t.

What's the official title of the degree I earn?

The title of your degree on your diploma will be Master of Arts.

What Bachelor qualifications do I need to apply for the programme?

You need a Bachelor’s degree in studies such as Fashion, Business, Economics, Creative Industries, Graphics or other fields of study which which the admission committee believe suitable to the application. A specific grade point average (GPA) is not required.

What level of English is required for non-native speakers?

You need to have completed your education in an English speaking country or institution,
or submit proof of an IELTS score of 6,5 or:

TOEFL (1) Paper: 575;
TOEFL Computer: 232;
TOEFL Internet: 90;
TOEIC (2): 720;
Cambridge ESOL (3): CAE – C

(1) Test Of English as a Foreign Language.
(2) Provided the candidate has passed both the ‘Speaking and Writing’ and ‘Listening and Reading’ components.
(3) English for Speakers of Other Languages.

Is there a diploma verification process?

Yes. Soon after having registered through, you will receive an email from the HvA Central Student Administration office  (CSA) asking you to submit a number of documents, such as:

  • An ID, Passport or residence permit that is valid at the date the programme you are applying for starts (not a driver’s license);
  • Diplomas of your previous educations, secondary, results entrance exams if applicable and bachelor diploma with;
  • Transcripts (grade lists);
  • If applicable: your Diploma supplement;
  • Sworn translations of all the above documents if not in Dutch, English, French, Afrikaans, Spanish or German;
  • Diploma Assessments of other institutions, e.g. from the Nuffic, the Colo, International Diploma Assessment (idW) or other educational institutes;
  • A copy of your IELTS or TOEFL certificate and grades if you are not a native English speaker or if your education did not take place at a 100% English speaking institution
  • for Chinese diplomas please include a Nuffic-certificate;
  • for American and Canadian diplomas: an original Official Transcript (this will be made available by your school at your request)

How can I submit a reference?

Have your reference visit this page to upload their reference letter.

Am I admitted based on my application alone, or is there an admissions interview?

Apart from a validated diploma, you will be admitted if both your application assignment and the (Skype) interview are deemed sufficient.
On the application form you can state your preference for an in-person or a Skype interview.

Do I need to pay the yearly tuition fee of €8500 all at once?

For terms of payment see the AUAS FAQ’s about payment of tuition fees.

Are there any scholarships available?

Please check if there is anything for which you are eligible!

How do I know if my bachelor diploma gives access to the master FEC?

Answer: Not all non-Dutch bachelor diplomas are considered equal to European bachelor diplomas. Please check the level of your diploma at: to see if your diploma is adequate.

Choose: the English version in Tab on top of the page, then: diploma recognition > evaluation of foreign diplomas > country> foreign education systems > check level of your diploma against a Dutch one.

Are there costs associated with obtaining a visa for the Netherlands?

How does my status as student and business owner affect my visa?

It doesn’t.

Does the university offer preferred options for personal housing in Amsterdam?

Yes, it does, see this AUAS webpage with more information.

Does the university offer preferred options for workspace in Amsterdam?

Yes, we’re working on this. See:

Where can I find an academic calendar with start and end dates and holidays?

For the overview of “lesson-free” weeks  see the academic calendar:

Additional Questions?

Don’t hesitate to get in touch via email: